Storm is seeking a Houdini Artist – FX TD to join our team!
STORM post-production is constantly looking for talented artists and is currently in search of a FX TD to join our VFX and CG team. As a FX TD you are responsible for the creation of 3D assets and using primarily Houdini but also Maya to create particle, rigid body, fluid, cloth, fur and hair simulations for feature film (live action and animated) and commercials. Experience, artistic skills, teamwork and time management skills are required.
STORM offers a leading-edge creative, collaborative team environment working with international talent. We offer a dynamic job with top shows at a beautiful and inspiring work location in the heart of Amsterdam. You will be part of a price winning studio, where you get a lot of autonomy and where there’s room for your own ideas. We are a medium-sized and informal company with great colleagues and a good working atmosphere.
- 3 years or more experience as a VFX artist on Animation features, Feature films or Commercials
- Proven experience with fluid dynamics and destruction VFX
- Can deliver solutions for demanding FX problems proactively and independently, and provide support where needed
- A good eye for detail and timing. In addition to a thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to physical simulation in computer graphics
- A strong eye for composition, light, and color
- Advanced proficiency in Houdini and Maya, and or other FX simulation software
Nice to have
- Experience in shading, lighting and rendering with Mantra, both FX and hard surface
- Python scripting proficiency
- Organized, proactive and a self-starter
- A team player and clear communicator
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
Our office is located at a beautiful location in the center of Amsterdam. We work with a team of 20-25 colleagues plus many involved freelancers. STORM specializes in editing, visual effects, motion graphics and color grading. In addition, our animation studio is experiencing strong growth and we are currently working on an international 3D animation film. In short, if you’re enthusiastic about our company and the job description we would love to receive your resume and cover letter. Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will certainly see each other soon!